Friday 20 May 2011

individual evaluation

My jobs were to create the images for the entire product and creating the body. I feel that the most important and most difficult aspect of my roles was creating the hands. I wanted to create a character that kept the youthful cartoony style whilst being realistic enough to learn from. The realistic proportions where necessary for an accurate animation of sign language. I feel I successfully achieved this and the animations are clear and can be learned from.
Rigging the mesh was difficult as it is not something I particularly enjoy doing.  The hands where rigged quite successfully in the end however there are some issues around the arms and armpits. If I were to recreate the torso I would rig it to a better standard to aid in smooth realistic motion.
The drawings and layout were also an important part of the overall look and style of the product. I feel that our aim was met to make a stylised product aimed at young children. I am pleased with the drawings that I created for each page and feel the buttons represent the words accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment