Friday 10 December 2010

Renders & key framing

This is my first render and it shows the hand flattening and grasping. It was key-framed and I am particularly pleased with the subtleties within the animation such as the skin stretching slightly over knuckles and the wrist as it flex's up. The thumb was the hardest to rig and animate as the muscle that connects it to the palm(abductor pollicis brevis) is thicker and creases slightly on this render. I intend to fix this in future references.




After my initial creation of the I have found out the different  hand signals for the alphabet. There is a two handed alphabet and a one handed alphabet. The following renders demonstrate signs from the one handed alphabet letters A,B,C,D,E and F .


A


B


C


D


E


F



Animating
I thought about two methods of capturing data necessary to create this animated product. My initial idea was Motion capture. I originally wanted to use this method because of a number of reasons. Firstly mo-cap is accurate so the signs I would be creating would definitely be correct, providing I get the sign right. Also once it’s all set up it is a very fast way of capturing a lot of data in a short period of time. Unfortunately I was unable to get the equipment necessary to capture such data so I was left with key framing, which isn’t a major issue. Key framing wasn’t difficult to use however a little more time consuming. I started every sign from the same position as I felt this would give the learner somewhere to start from when creating any sign. I modified the bones individually and made the sign take longer to make with the hand to give a younger person more chance to see how it is created in slower motion. I also held the sign for a while for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment